Knit Hat Patterns - How to Make a Basic Brim Hat
By Marjory Richmond
There are lots of knit hat patterns that are simple to make but very versatile. Make a basic brim hat with chunky and multicolored yarn to keep you warm in the winter and at the same time, uplift your spirits. It's easy to make and is not time consuming. Make one for yourself or knit one as a special and personal holiday gift to someone you love.
1. 88 yards of nice chunky and multicolor wool
2. One #10.5 US circular needle, one set of 10.5 US double-pointed needles and a 16 inch cable.
3. Yarn needle and scissors
20 rows every 4 inches and 14 stitches (3.5 stitches and 5 rows for every inch) in stockinette stitch for the round.
1. Begin by casting on 76 stitches. Join in round.
2. For 9 inches, work in stockinette stitch.
3. For the next round: *knit two, knit two together. Repeat from *around.
4. Work straight for two round. If needed, switch to double pointed needles.
5. For the next round: *knit one, knit two together. Repeat from *around.
6. Work one round straight.
7. For the next round: *knit two together. Repeat from *around.
8. Work one round straight.
9. *Knit two together. Repeat from *, ending knit one.
10. Cut the yarn while leaving a long tail. Thread the tail against the yarn needle.
11. Slip the stitches onto the needle and be sure to pull the yarn tightly to secure the top of the hat.
12. Weave in ends.
Marjory Richmond is a knitting expert. She spends her time consulting on knotty knitting problems and teaching others how to become proficient at knitting with remarkable speed. To learn more about knit hat patterns [http://www.theknitdoctor.com/?p=93] and her finishing techniques for flawless products Click here [http://www.theknitdoctor.com].